Welcome to Jessie's World!!

This is all about my family, our life, and how we deal with things. I'm so excited about doing this. I love writing about my daughter, and know that when our son is born, I will love writing about him as well. My husband is such and awesome inspiration, and God comes first in our lives. If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't make it through the day. Being a stay at home mom isn't easy, but I love it so much! I hope that anyone who reads these blogs will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed writing them!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finally the end of a tiresome day

Well, today was cold, as usual. At first it wasn't really that bad. I had an appointment at PRMC today in labor and delivery. They had planned on doing a test on the baby. A biophysical test. As it turned out they strapped me to the monitor and listened to the heart beat and watched for movement. Moving isnt' the problem, it's the being uncomfortable part because apparently my bladder is a toy for the baby to jump on, is the problem. Anyway, as I looked outside I could tell that the wind had picked up. Finally, after being at the hospital for what seemed like forever we finally left and went to pay for the oil. Hopefully we will have heat soon and can stop using this electric heater, as it's not really doing much anyway. Just to use the bathroom, it feels like it's below zero in there.

My sister came to watch the baby, and my mom came with her. I was very glad to see my mom, as she works all the time. So they ended up hanging out with us today, and my sister even cooked dinner. Yummy. Raven adores my mom, it's so crazy. After dinner they helped me and hubby clean up the living room, as Raven has a new habit of shoving things under the sofa and chairs, and we even found stuff under the cushions of the couch. I was so angry, because I really don't want to get bugs and mice. I think we already have mice in our walls. So I try so hard to keep things clean. Having a 1 year old come behind you and redestroy everything does very little for my cleaning process, so this will obviously become a daily chore.

Hubby made the best chocolate cake I've tasted in a long time, and even though I wanted to help and he wouldn't let me, I loved every bite. He swears he can't cook, since he's the one that's been doing all the cooking pretty much this entire pregnancy. He's been so awesome. He didn't cook anything before I got pregnant. I did all the cooking, but he's such a fast learner, and most of the things he cooks he just decided to "wing it". It came out perfect. Sometimes, I get so frustrated with him, because he doesn't give his self enough credit. Pretty much everything he cooks turns out amazingly tasty.

Lately, we've been having a problem with keeping Raven asleep during the night, so when it gets to be 8-9 at night, we both are so beat and tired. Lucky for me hubby is so awesome, he stays with Raven at night so when she wakes up he puts her back to sleep, so that I can sleep. I know he's so tired, he gets headaches, but it won't be long now...I won't need to rely on him so much to do things with Raven. I'll be able to help out more.

Now, it's the end of the day. Raven has had her bath and is asleep. We both are relaxing at the moment, and it won't be long before we are off to sleep. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, so that's something that we are both preparing for, as I don't recall us having ever really been ready for anything as much as we are ready for me to have this baby already. It's almost Christmas and we were hoping to have the baby already, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I do have to admit, I am so impatient that sometimes I just want to scream with frustration from the doctors constantly sending me to labor and delivery for no reason. It turns out it was a complete waste of time, and then there's the fun fact that every time I go there .. that's when three or four women have their babies and the doctor says "sorry no baby today" and sends me home.

But you know what they say...amazing things come to those who wait..ugh..Too bad they didn't give a time limit to this waiting thing. That is one thing I've never been good at..waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment